Breakfast Restaurant Franchises: How to Compare & Find Your Best Option
Compare breakfast restaurant franchises and learn what criteria you should use when deciding between the best breakfast franchises.
Comparing Breakfast Restaurant Franchises: What to Look For
You want to invest a breakfast restaurant franchise but aren’t sure what to look for or how to choose the best option for you and your goals. Let’s explore some key considerations that will help you do your research:
- Brand recognition: When you buy a franchise, you’re joining an established brand. Learn if consumers have heard of the brand, the public perception of the brand, their reputation, and if there are any drawbacks to know.
- Franchise fees: There are upfront costs associated with buying a franchise. In exchange, you purchase the rights to the brand name, systems and operations, training, and more. Make sure you meet the franchisor’s financial requirements and that the initial fees are in your budget.
- Royalty fees: These are ongoing payments made to the franchisor, often as a percentage of gross sales, for the use of the brand logos, marketing, new product development, ongoing support, and more. Just as with the initial fees, royalty fees will vary from franchisor to franchisor. Make sure the fees align with your expectations.
- Financial Disclosure Document: The FDD will be provided by the franchisor and will give you the clearest idea of the fiscal health of the franchise and what kind of return on investment you may gain.
- Location: A great location is pivotal to a breakfast franchise’s success. Many franchisors diligently research the best real estate and help franchisees with site selection. Competition, visibility, and demographics all affect a business’s viability.
- Franchisor support: Most franchisors offer support to help you on your way to opening day and beyond. Training, marketing, and ongoing support are common and are part of a fruitful franchisor/franchisee relationship.
- Growth potential: Research the prospects for expansion available with the various franchises under your consideration. Often a newer franchise like the Toasted Yolk Cafe has lots of available territory for you to choose from.
Discover Your Top Breakfast Franchise
You can always turn to leading franchise industry publications for their lists of the best breakfast franchises. But the best way to find available franchise options suitable for your goals involves doing your own homework. Only you can decide which brand offers what you’re looking for. Here are a few important and perhaps unexpected points to consider about which breakfast franchise will work for you:
- Make sure the brand aligns with your values and skills. Choose a brand whose concept really excites you, one you can see yourself running for many years to come.
- The hours of operation will have an impact on your lifestyle. An unexpected perk of a franchise like the Toasted Yolk Café is being open from 7am-3pm; you and your employees can have lives outside of the workplace.
- Determine what sets a brand apart from the competition. Most breakfast restaurants serve breakfast, and some serve lunch. What differentiates a brand like the Toasted Yolk Café is their bar; customers can order much more than coffee and owners have an attractive income potential.
- Examine the brand’s menu offerings. Quality delicious food and drink is at the root of any thriving breakfast business. Offering classics and new favorites, evolving to meet consumer demand, should be a priority for the franchisor and for you.
The Toasted Yolk Café: Beyond Breakfast
Since 2010, the Toasted Yolk Café has been offering breakfast, brunch, lunch, and drinks to hungry consumers. This upscale limited daypart concept with a difference is ready to expand beyond its Texas roots and is looking for potential franchisees to join our early to rise family. Experience quality of life with our daytime hours and one shift operation. Our chef-driven menus attract a demographic with disposable income used to a quality dining experience, leading to an average guest check of over $16 per person. And we offer personalized training and support because your success is our success.
If you’re a passionate, committed team builder and leader enthusiastic about opening a breakfast franchise, we’re excited to hear from you. Request information today to get cracking with the Toasted Yolk Café.